2011-04-25

Aquandalin part 1



The final for my animal drawing class is to create a fantasy creature. Well, I decided to go back and use an idea from waaaaay back in elementary school. I can't take full credit for the origin of this creature: the name and basic idea came from my best friend, Kimlinh Tran (http://hnilmik.newgrounds.com/). However, in the intervening decade I've continued to think about this character, and work with it. And in the past week I've thought about it, written about it, and drawn it more than ever. At this point, the only things that still hearken back to the original are the name and the fact that the creature is made of water.



Up in the right top corner you can see me trying to remember how I drew the aquandalin back in fifth grade. The rest is from the past day or two.



Here are some notes, as well as crafts they might make.



A parent and babies. Also, the process of transformation. Did I mention aquandalin are shape-shifters?



Drawings showing the life-cycle, as well as the giant river otter that I took a lot of inspiration from.




-Lis

No comments:

Post a Comment