2012-04-07

Daily Drawing

Perhaps this should be called a daily "scribble" instead of a drawing. I originally had another idea, but it wasn't quite coming together, and then this happened.

I've been reading through "The Collected John Carter of Mars" books. There are eleven individual novels that follow the various adventures f John Carter, which have been collected into three large books. The printings are very nice, although they lack Edgar Rice Burrough's forewards, for some strange reason.

Anyway, this sketch was brought about by glancing at the book sitting next to me, and the image of a girl on a single person flyer came to mind. As I was scribbling, I realized it seemed a bit like Tara of Helium, a character introduced in the fifth book of the series, "Chessmen of Mars." She gets caught in a storm, and travels just about half-way around Mars! I would highly recommend the books to any lovers of science fantasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment